Monday, August 20, 2007

Music Power




My 86 year old grandmother literally blares devotional music of all kinds every morning. She isn't deaf. She turns it way up and sends it all over her house because she has caught on the to the power of music to reset the vibrations in her household and in herself. She uses music to set the tone for her day. Literally. Sometimes I call her and have to wait while she dashes to her stereo to turn down the volume.

I love this about her. I love it that she caught on a long time ago what a little home engineering can do to set things in motion for a sense of peace and well being. She is a natural, actually. As I think we all are. She taught me by example that a clean, uncluttered home, in which objects have their place is one method for supporting a sense of comfort and connection.

What do you do to support a sense of heath and peace in your home?