Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Office Hoo-doo




So many of us roll into an office every morning surrounded by other people and with an enormous amount of tasks to be accomplished in the day. We sit dutifully in our chairs, gazing a emails and various documents that speed into our hands awaiting some type of action.

I have found that having a couple of centering objects nearby, usually within easy sightlines offers a bit of cushion and grounding as the hours fly by and the demands arrive. For a while a tiny, plush hippo reminded me to be silly and at ease. Currently I have a small prayer mounted discretely nearby that reminds me of my Divine Self which helps me limit a sense of self importance and over-attachment to things out of my control. It seems I like to change the objects over time as a reflection of some aspect needing added support.

What do you have in easy sight at work that supports your sense of self?