Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hotel Room Relief



On a recent trip to our heartland I had to do a difficult task. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel at which I was staying provided a 'just right' feel such that I felt at the end of each day I was safely and peacefully tucked in for the night. I don't experience this often at hotels, so I looked around to see what made it so.

In this case the surroundings were contemporary and the layout was a small living room suite and a platform bed area separated by a faux Japanese screen built into the dividing wall. The bathroom area had plenty of black granite looking counter space with a bevelled mirror hanging above. The cozy bed was well done with a feather comforter and neutral high quality duvet. Somehow the arrangement of the space along with its interiors struck a cord of comfort. Sometimes even ultra lux, expensive places do not do this.