Saturday, March 1, 2008

End of Winter Change-o-Scenery


photo courtesy of Linda K. Long, caspari, inc. in Charlottesville, Virginia

Every year my family meets in Charlottesville, Virginia for a weekend visit that combines meals full of conversation and merriment and a chance to shop around this special town that is home to the University of Virginia. My Dad takes advantage of the bounty of used book stores, my sister and her fiancee cozied up in a local bar for an afternoon brew and my husband drifted into a coffee house for what he called the best cup of coffee ever. My Mom and I took advantage of end of season prices on haute boutique wear. Indeed, Mom scored a Parisian wool coat for a fraction of its original price at Chloe.

My family stumbled onto this gem of a meeting place due to proximity but what we have found is a way to be together and enjoy a change of scenery without too much effort or expense.