Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Small stuff: Big impact


Great chairs that are also bent objects

I told my husband recently about one summer I spent making farm animals out of notebook paper. Actually I think I made a barn and fencing for the whole lot. I can remember vividly that the paper twisting came out of sheer, unstructured summer boredom while visiting a family member. I also remember that within minutes I became fascinated with the whole endeavor and transported to another world full of tiny, white paper animals.

So, don't dismiss the mundane and tiny of life. Whole worlds can open up with the most rudimentary of objects and materials. If you don't believe me, check out the artist whose blog is entitled Bent Objects at http://bentobjects.blogspot.com. This guy has cornered the market and whoa, what an impact.